Fierce Health IT Virtual Series
November 9-11 , 2020 Free Virtual Event
Within a matter of months, the already fast-evolving world of telehealth was catapulted into the mainstream due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The surge in telehealth could be just a waypoint back to normalcy, or it could permanently transform healthcare delivery as we know it. What does the new trajectory for the sector — which includes everything from virtual visits to wearables to at-home monitoring — tell us about where it’s going? Top experts will address everything from regulatory changes to market projections and offer key insights on how to take advantage of the emerging business opportunities. .
Monday, November 9
What telehealth will look like in 2025
We’ve been talking about telehealth becoming the norm for decades. Now that it’s here, top experts will discuss:
- What changes to the traditional healthcare experience are consumers going to experience — and demand — in the short-term and long-term?
- What regulatory changes are likely to drive the greatest changes in healthcare delivery?
- How can providers leverage real-world data from devices and wearables to show the value proposition of virtual care?
- Which shifts are likely to have the greatest impact on cost and quality — and which are more likely to be hype?
The future of interoperability—will we ever get there?
For decades, the goal for healthcare has been achieving true interoperability between healthcare provider records. Yet, year after year, the same competitive challenges, security complexities and regulatory hurdles that have served as roadblocks in the past continue to stymy efforts to enable data sharing. In this session, top health IT experts will make their arguments and predictions for the future of interoperability and discuss:
- What new opportunities and hurdles have emerged amid changing regulations, technology and the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What role will new data-sharing mandates from HHS play in pushing interoperability efforts forward?
- How we can finally move this conversation forward from incremental change to true change?
Tuesday, November 10
Home is the new hospital
From remote monitoring for chronic health conditions to at-home dialysis and virtual ICUs, increasingly complex care is being delivered in the home setting. Experts will examine:
- Describe the value proposition of at-home care
- The costs and technology possibilities of the trend
- The pitfalls of pushing care out of the hospital into the home and the limitations of at-home care
- The reimbursement challenges of paying for care outside of a hospital or clinic
Wednesday, November 11
Battle of the telehealth tech
The telehealth industry is a crowded marketplace that is attracting new entrants. What differentiates one solution from another? We bring together a collection of top telehealth vendors to duke it out over what gives their product the X-factor over the competition.