FIERCE HEALTH PAYER VIRTUAL SERIES
Medicare Advantage's Evolution:
A look at the latest in supplemental benefits,
high-tech solutions, and star ratings
The Medicare Advantage program is expected to be used by 42% of Medicare beneficiaries by 2028. But what does the future hold for this popular program? Speakers will give insights into everything from how plans earn higher star ratings, what new supplemental benefits CMS could approve and what new innovations could emerge from plans.
Monday, September 21
The Medicare Advantage program is expected to be used by 42% of Medicare beneficiaries by 2028. But what does the future hold for this popular program? Hear from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Administrator Seema Verma on where MA has been and where it is going.
MA Seniors are especially vulnerable to COVID-19. Hear from Humana's CMO on how the insurer is using population health to keep Medicare Advantage members safe while ensuring their needs are met amid the pandemic.
Tuesday, September 22
The Wild World of MA Supplemental Benefits
MA benefits can range from nutrition visits to carpet cleaning. In this session, we’ll examine the bounds of this program, including:
- What the feds say you can and can't do
- How Health plans are really stretching the definition of benefits
- When things backfire - how to ensure members are using benefits appropriately
Wednesday, September 23
Secrets to the Star Ratings: How Top-Performing MA Plans Secured Scores
The Trump administration says that most Medicare Advantage beneficiaries enroll in a plan that has at least four stars on the MA plan finder ratings system. With such a significant potential impact, we’ll examine:
- How to use a holistic approach to getting to 5 stars
- How to effectively communicate with plan holders on what to improve upon
- How a focus on prevention and care coordination can inch up star ratings